- Patel Group had its annual holiday party virtually.
- Jeongmoon Choi, Alexander Johnson, and Jimin Yoon joined the group!
- Nick Rego successfully defended his thesis and is continuing at the Patel group as a postdoc. Congratulations, Nick!
- Yusheng Cai joined the group!
- Hao Jiang moved to Wisconsin and started working as a computational chemist at SC Johnson. Congratulations, Hao!
- Lizhu Zhang joined the group!
- Debdas Dhabal joined the Molinero group at the University of Utah as a postdoc. Congratulations, Debdas!
- Lilia Escobedo was awarded the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Congratulations, Lilia! NSF GRFP webpage
Patel Group celebrated its annual holiday party!
- Nick Rego and Amish attended the 2019 BMB Retreat at Penn.
- Lilia Escobedo, Kevin Juan, Jun Lu, and Akash Pallath joined the group!
- Zachariah Vicars presented at Villanova to Undergraduate students interested in participating in the REACT program.
- Amish gave an invited talk at the AIChE annual meeting in Orlando, Florida. Link
- Aniket Thosar joined the group!
- Amish, Debdas, Nick, and Sean attended the GRC on the Chemistry and Physics of Liquids. Conference webpage
- Sean Marks attended the CSGF Annual Program Review in Arlington.
- Amish Patel received the Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award. Link
- Debdas Dhabal presented a poster at the 4th annual Penn Polymer Symposium.
Zachariah Vicars went to Grenoble, France for 10 weeks as part of a collaboration with French REACT partners.
Penn Today article
- Nick Rego attended the Foundational and Applied Data Science for Molecular and Material Science and Engineering Workshop.
- Amish Patel received the 2019 Van Ness Award from the CBE department at RPI. Article
Patel Group went out to lunch to celebrate Amish getting tenure. Congratulations!
- Debdas Dhabal presented at the Symposium on Advanced Simulation Methods: DFT, MD and Beyond at IIT Delhi in New Delhi.
- PLUMED INDUS is available for download. Special thanks to Sean Marks for developing this package! INDUS Code
Amish Patel received the Distinguished Teaching Award from Penn's Student Chapter of AIChE. Congratulations!
- Nick Rego and Zachary Varley attended the 2018 Materials and Data Science Hackathon at NC State.
- Amish Patel received the ACS OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award. Article
- Zachariah Vicars received the REACT Trainee Fellowship. REACT home page
- Amish Patel received the 2017 Sloan Fellowship. SRF
- Erte successfully defended his thesis and is moving on to a job at Procter and Gamble in Cinncinati. Congrats, Erte!
- Suruchi successfully defended his thesis and began a job at Pfizer in Boston. Congrats!
- Amish Patel received the 2017 NSF CAREER award! More
- Sean Marks received the DOE CSGF Fellowship. Congratulations! DOE CSGF Information
- Amish Patel received the 2016 Berkeley Statistical Mechanics Meeting Young Investigator Award! Meeting website
- Erte and Rick's paper on the role of fluctuations in modulating the pathways to dewetting in hydrophobic confinement gets press! Story on PennNews
- Amish Patel received the Kaufman Foundation New Investigator Research Award! Article
- Erte Xi won the Best Poster Prize at the 2014 Gordon Research Conference on "Water and Aqueous Solutions". Congratulations Erte!
Amish's paper on characterizing the hydrophobicity of complex proteins using a novel, highly efficient method was featured on the cover of the February 13, 2014 issue of the Journal of Physical Chemistry B.