- Ahmad Ali, Charles Hao, Mian Qin, and Rahul Ramaraju joined the group!
- Akash Pallath, Amish Patel, and Lizhu Zhang attended the GRC on Chemistry and Physics of Liquids Link
- Patel Group celebrated the end of the Spring semester with a BBQ
at Ridley Creek State Park!
- Akash Pallath, Lilia Escobedo, and Zac Vicars attended the 4th NJIT Molecular Simulations Workshop. Link
- Nick Rego and Akash Pallath completed the NSF I-corps program and won the 'Spirit of NSF I-corps Award' at the closing ceremony!
- Amish gave an invited talk at the APS March Meeting. Link
- Patel Group members went to dinner to celebrate the end of
- Amish was presented with the Helmholtz Award from the
International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS). He delivered
the Helmholtz award lecture at the IAPWS Symposium in Rotorua, New Zealand. Link
- Patel Group members presented at the CBE Graduate Student
- Lily Wang and Aayush Bendre joined the group!
- Aniket Thosar started a job at Reliance in Mumbai, India. Congratulations, Aniket!
- Jeongmoon Choi and Amish Patel presented at the Ice Binding Proteins (IBP) Conference 2022. Jeongmoon won the IBP 2022 Biointerphases Presentation Award. Link
- Lilia Escobedo and Aniket Thosar attended the GRC on Water and Aqueous Solutions. Link
- Aniket Thosar received the Early Career Research Award and won the Best Poster Prize at the Foundations of Molecular Modeling and Simulation conference.
- Amish Patel co-organized the Telluride Workshop on Hydrophobicity. Link
- Patel Group celebrated the end of the spring semester with a 'golf-clinic', food and drinks!
- Aniket Thosar and Amish Patel attended the ACS Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting.
- Aniket Thosar presented at the Statistical Thermodynamics & Molecular Simulations Seminar Series. Link
- Patel group had an evening of fun outdoors - with frisbee, soccer, mahjong, food and drinks - to celebrate being back in-person again!
- Amish Patel received the Distinguished Teaching Award from Penn's AIChE Student Chapter. Congratulations!
- Patel Group had its annual holiday party virtually.
- Jeongmoon Choi, Alexander Johnson, and Jimin Yoon joined the group!
- Nick Rego successfully defended his thesis and is continuing at the Patel group as a postdoc. Congratulations, Nick!
- Yusheng Cai joined the group!
- Hao Jiang started working as a computational chemist at SC Johnson in Racine, Wisconsin. Congratulations, Hao!
- Lizhu Zhang joined the group!
- Debdas Dhabal joined the Molinero group at the University of Utah as a postdoc. Congratulations, Debdas!
- Lilia Escobedo was awarded the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Congratulations, Lilia! NSF GRFP webpage
Patel Group celebrated its annual holiday party!
- Nick Rego and Amish Patel attended the 2019 BMB Retreat at Penn.
- Lilia Escobedo, Kevin Juan, Jun Lu, and Akash Pallath joined the group!
- Zachariah Vicars presented at Villanova to Undergraduate students interested in participating in the REACT program.
- Amish Patel gave an invited talk at the AIChE annual meeting in Orlando, Florida. Link
- Aniket Thosar joined the group!
- Amish Patel, Debdas Dhabal, Nick Rego, and Sean Marks attended the GRC on the Chemistry and Physics of Liquids.
- Sean Marks attended the CSGF Annual Program Review in Arlington.
- Amish Patel received the Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award. Link
- Debdas Dhabal presented a poster at the 4th annual Penn Polymer Symposium.
Zachariah Vicars went to Grenoble, France for 10 weeks as part of a collaboration with
French REACT partners.
Penn Today article
- Nick Rego attended the Foundational and Applied Data Science for Molecular and Material Science and Engineering Workshop.
- Amish Patel received the 2019 Van Ness Award from the CBE department at RPI. Article
Patel Group went out to lunch to celebrate Amish getting tenure. Congratulations!
- Debdas Dhabal presented at the Symposium on Advanced Simulation Methods: DFT, MD and Beyond at IIT Delhi in New Delhi.
- PLUMED INDUS is available for download. Special thanks to Sean Marks for developing this package! INDUS Code
Amish Patel received the Distinguished Teaching Award from Penn's Student Chapter of
- Nick Rego and Zachary Varley attended the 2018 Materials and Data Science Hackathon at NC State.
- Amish Patel received the ACS OpenEye Outstanding Junior Faculty Award. Article
- Zachariah Vicars received the REACT Trainee Fellowship. REACT home page
- Amish Patel received the 2017 Sloan Fellowship. SRF
- Erte Xi successfully defended his thesis and is moving on to a job at Procter and Gamble in Cinncinati. Congrats, Erte!
- Suruchi Fialoke successfully defended her thesis and began a job at Pfizer in Boston. Congrats!
- Amish Patel received the 2017 NSF CAREER award! More
- Sean Marks received the DOE CSGF Fellowship. Congratulations! DOE CSGF Information
- Amish Patel received the 2016 Berkeley Statistical Mechanics Meeting Young Investigator Award! Meeting website
- Erte Xi and Rick Remsing's paper on the role of fluctuations in modulating the pathways to dewetting in hydrophobic confinement gets press! Story on PennNews
- Amish Patel received the Kaufman Foundation New Investigator Research Award! Article
- Erte Xi won the Best Poster Prize at the 2014 Gordon Research Conference on "Water and Aqueous Solutions". Congratulations Erte!
Amish Patel's paper on characterizing the hydrophobicity of complex proteins using a
novel, highly efficient method was featured on the cover of the February 13, 2014 issue
of the Journal of Physical Chemistry B.